Location: S. Broadway side of Center Street.
Swinden Parks Bldg.
Brothers Samuel R. Coggin (1831- 1915)
Moses J. "Mody" Coggin (1824-1902)
prominent area ranchers, business leders, and philanthropists, in partnership
with the businessman William Claibourne "Clay" Parks (1833-1916) completed
this two-story commercial building in 1876. Originally part of a
larger structure, it housed a variety of
businesses, including a grocery, hardware
store, business college and restaurant. Because of the primary location,
Coggins-Parks building figured prominently
in the early history of Brownwood. The exterior of the structure
was later altered
Return to Historical Markers
Return to Historical Commission