The Primitive Baptist Church was organized in April 1879. The land for the Church and Cemetery was a part of the Jacob Carter farm. The Church building was constructed here in 1896. The Church was used for school purposes, but after two years the building burned. They rebuilt the building and it burned a second time. This time the school was not rebuilt. This information came from Miss. Alta Green, a longtime teacher and a member of a long-established family.
This property is out of the Brown County School Land, Abst 41, survey 365. From Brownwood go east on US 377 to the "Jenkins Springs" road sign. Turn right. Travel 4.2 miles to the cemetery.