Heflin Cemetery derived its name from the family who donated the acreage for this Cemetery. Mr. William Ward and Pency (Williams) Heflin, in 1875. Their graves are located in the north west corner. In 1875, when this Cemetery land was donated, this was a well traveled route for families moving westward. Many of these families now reside in Pleasant Valley and May Texas.
The first death recorded is that of young Robert Bonine. He had eaten
some wild berries, while camped here and died September 27 1876.
This Cemetery was first surveyed by Mrs. Hazel Wetzel, in March 1972. It
updated February 2002, by Jim and Georgia Rodgers. This deed is recorded in the Brown County Clerks Office. Volume 259, page 178. Abstract 762.