The Crudup family gave the land for the Cedar Point Cemetery. It appears the oldest dated grave marker is the of Mr. Drewery P. Crudup, with the date of October 12, 1876.
Cedar Point was named for a large cedar tree on the old Drinkard place. The first school was built in 1877. It was a one room log cabin and had one teacher for all grade levels. The school continued in this building until 1915, when the building burned. Later the Cedar Point school consolidated with the Chapel Hill school in 1932.
In 1972, a Cemetery Association was formed, which started a perpetual care fund. This is a very well organized and maintained cemetery. The Cemetery can be found recorded in the Kerr County School Land, which includes four acres. From Brownwood take US Highway 377 south to FM 1176. Turn right, travel 7.10 of a mile to the junction of CR 234. Left for 4.10 of a mile to the cemetery, which is on the left.