|Located about nine miles from Brownwood, TX., on US 377 east, to
Cemetery sign. Turn right onto FM Rd. 1467, then left on second road,
which is CR. 294. Cross two creeks and the Church is on the right. The
Cemetery is behind the church.
This was first surveyed in April 1970, by Ila Parker Ball and Hazel Wetzel. It was updated in October 1999, by Mrs. Lilas Townsend and her daughter Mrs. Joyce Townsend Smith. Information in brackets from Minnie Brincefield, Carimon Ross, Earl Day and McInnis Funeral Home records.
The Antioch Cemetery was established December 17, 1880, when Mr. W. H. Grazier and his wife, Mattio, deeded to County Judge, J. Stewart Cleveland, about one acre of land for education and cemetery purposes. The first grave appears to be that of Charlie Bradley, 1882. There may have been earlier deaths, but no record of such. This cemetery was vandalized at one time.
Deed # 3866 - Vol. 811/42 to Mr. Doyle Rushing, as president of the Antioch Cemetery Association and his successors in office, all Brown County's rights, and title and interest in the real property of Brown County. This property is out of the Hiram Rosin League and Labor, Survey 317, Abt 779.